ammonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spiketooth

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had ich in my tank i have removed all fish to kill ich. Now i want to make sure i still have good bb. How do i make my ammo level spike

If you really want to make sure you can add ammonia from ace hardware but it has to be the kind that has no fragrances. Just pure

If it takes care of ammonia and nitrite within 24 hours your good to go just do a big water change first

They dont sell pure ammo here, only business can get them. As.much i dont want to do this, going to get it replanted then get me some hardy fish. I have a 40 gal i can put then into if things get out of control. Go from there

They dont sell pure ammo here, only business can get them. As.much i dont want to do this, going to get it replanted then get me some hardy fish. I have a 40 gal i can put then into if things get out of control. Go from there

Yea you can just use the fish just add them a couple small ones at a time. Keep an eye on quality and do water changes as needed to keep it under control. It will catch up with a little help of maintenance from you.

Nitrate was up to 20. I still have good bb. Amm and nitrite was 0 ph was 6.8. Almost ready for some fish. Going to wait a few more days to make sure ich is dead

What happened to the fish?

How long has the tank been without fish? To be safe I'd up the heat to 86 which speeds up the ich life cycle. Do some extra water changes with substrate vac every couple of days to suck up the ich spores. Dose pure ammonia to keep the bacteria alive as in this guide: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...guide-and-faq-to-fishless-cycling-148283.html

After a couple of weeks then it should be safe to add fish again. You don't want to add them too soon in case some of the ich survives.

I had the temp raised to 32c with ich med in the tank for 4 days. Vacuum the gravel everyother day. I ended up sucking the poop from my 40gal and dumping it into the 75 and watch the levels. Didnt see anything move for the ammo or nitrite but the nitrate went up

Your not seeing ammonia or nitrite because there isn't anything in the tank to make it. Your nitrates went up because you dumped bacteria in the tank.

The tank has been running for about three months before the ich happened. Was not sure if my good bb was still there

Back
Top Bottom