Hi guys....I’m a bit of a newbie at fish tanks.
I set up a 100L (~20 gal
) tank a few months ago. It had a new Fluval U3 filter put in to from the start. They cycle went fine and saw the expected spikes then decrease, etc. We took a sample of the water to our local aquatics centre and they said all was fine for us to put a couple of black moors in. They’ve been happily swimming away in there for a few weeks or so and we were doing the regular weekly 10% water change and adding bio boost as directed.
Suddenly we saw a spike on the ammonia test strips saying 6ppm! We did a 50% change and started using ammo lock with 10% daily water changes and it’s down to about 2-3 ppm
But we can’t get it any lower. I’ve now started doing 20% daily changes with ammo lock.
Any suggests greatly received!