Ammonia nitrate and nitrite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshfishguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
There all still reading 0 should that be good or bad planning to put dwarf chilids in or some other tropical fish

It's a 30 gallon tank

Canister nexx filter

It has a heater

Every time I put a fish in it it dies?

WHAT'S WRONG

do you have anything in the tank right now?

im not sure if you understand the nitrogen cycle, try giving this a read, very useful

The Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle

not sure if there is an aquarium advice version of the article, however i can not find one so their is that one which is very good.

after reading that, decide if you want to do a fishless or fish in cycle.

Fish-in Cycling: Step over into the dark side - Aquarium Advice

The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling - Aquarium Advice

There all still reading 0 should that be good or bad planning to put dwarf chilids in or some other tropical fish

It's a 30 gallon tank

Canister nexx filter

It has a heater

Every time I put a fish in it it dies��

WHAT'S WRONG

Well, with the information you provided its difficult to say. How long has the tank been set up? Are you testing the water before & after you've added fish? Are you using a good water conditioner such as Prime? Did you fully cycle the tank with an ammonia source BEFORE adding fish? What are you using to test the water; strips or liquid test? How many fish are you adding at one time?

There all still reading 0

Every time I put a fish in it it dies��

WHAT'S WRONG

What wrong is right there...everything is at 0...
Read all the info from above they gave you and the questions shellieca gave you answer them.

You want:
0 ammonia
0 Nitrite
And some reading of Nitrate. That will tell you that you are cycled. Take you time!!!

Back
Top Bottom