amquel plus vs prime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
well after many many on my 75 gal i ran out of prime so i went to the lfs and saw the amquel plus bottle and it was a dollar difference but it was a bogo so i couldnt make uo my mind if i wanted to get that or prime n my question is

which one its better?????????

AmQuel vs. Prime

I am wondering the same thing. Of course the LFS employee just grabbed the bottle and started reading it when I asked, which was the SAME THING I WAS DOING....DUH!!! I hope the long termers start chiming in. The AmQuel comes in a much bigger bottle than the Prime in the stores too.

What's the concentration though? Prime may come in a smaller bottle, but it uses less than any other I've seen. Most use 5ml per 10g... prime uses 5ml per 50g. So, even if the bottle is half the size, you're using 5 times more with the other brand. I'm not sure on amquel how much they use though. If they use the same, or you can get more (not a bigger bottle, more gallon wise) then I would choose amquel.

Look on the bottle...it will tell you how many gallons it treats. Just get the one that is the better value. I doubt there is much if any difference. Not all conditioners will neutralize heavy metals though. If you need that then make sure you get the one that will handle that. Prime does. Not sure about Amquel.

I paid $7 for my Prime recently. It takes 1ml to treat 10 gallons. It is a 100ml bottle.

Probably not much help, but I've used Prime for 15 years, I think it's the best value as it's so concentrated and I always like to "go with what you know" and usually if a deal looks to good to be true, it is. Good luck and let us know if it works out.

prime detoxifies ammonia and nitrite.
I'm not sure if amquel does that ???

so prime can be used in emergency situations when there is an ammonia spike or when you are cycling.

I don't think there's much difference in what Prime does vs what amquel and novaqua do... it's all about cost IMO. I get a 2 litre of Prime for ~$30 that'll last me a few months. I'd have to get several gallons of the other stuff to last as long.

Ohhh OK I was wondering cuz I've read that they r both the same n also that amquel plus its better and the other way around so I wasn't sure

Back
Top Bottom