An active Peacock eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LdIZzY

Aquarium Advice Activist
My peacock eel is very active. Is this normal?
I have a 55 gal:
5 platies
1 bala shark
5 albino Cory's
10 black ruby barbs
6 white cloud tetras

Yes if you just added him he will swim around like mad. Then he will start to dig and be nocturnal, then when hes more confortable he will swim like mad again. Haha

fadetoblack06 said:
Mine is out all the time he even eats worms from my hand he hid in the beginning but now rarely does.

Haha ya same here! He always eats from my hand and is not shy at all, even when my arm is in the tank!

Yeah same with my peacock eel. He is now in the roaming around the tank part after he was buried for a while!

o_O there sooo cool i want one but there prolly salt water correct ?

Nope fresh water. Striped pecock eel! How big is your tank tho?? They need at least 40 gallons

Awh i only have a 10 gallon and a 5 g if i had it my way id have a fish room filled with 250 gallon tanks but my gf would kill me only 5 dollars for an eel wow thats insane. !!!!!!!

They are completely freshwater and I just noticed yours is actually a striped peacock eel and mine is a peacock eel. Striped ones are the ones from Petsmart. I bought my eel from my LFS, not Petsmart! It was $8.
They have also never been bred in an aquarium and there is no way to tell gender.

Well mine jus tried to go In my HOB filter...

Back
Top Bottom