An interesting forum observation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meashkah

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm new to fishy forums and have loved browsing through the threads and am loving it here, but I've noticed that when someone ask stocking advice and doesn't like the answers given, all he'll breaks loose! Lol. I would say that when asking an opinion of others, don't be offended when they actually give it! If you aren't prepared to arrange your stocking ideas for the betterment of your tank, then don't ask! Just my thoughts on the matter.

I'm also new to these forums, actually only joined yesterday but I've noticed this'

I agree!!! People seem to ask for advice but they get upset if they don't like the answer, but at the same time I find people get very rude in replies and just end up berating the OP which defeats the purpose also

Yes exactly. To me the whole reason for this site is so people that are unsure or inexperienced can ask people who have been doing this for 20+ years and know what they are talking about. The point of keeping fish is for them to have a long and happy life IMO, not try and have a bunch crammed in a little space for a little while

I think this is often because it's easier to ignore the advice of a stranger telling you what you don't want to hear as opposed to choosing to believe the LFS salesman who said your common Pleco can live in a 20G or that your school of Bala sharks / clown loaches will be happy in your 55G.

Once you make the connection most LFS people have no idea what they're talking about it gets easier.

Exactly I've been keeping fish since I was a young kid then took a break for about 10 yrs now I'm back. I consider myself knowledgable in many areas and a newbie in others. I'm in my 40s now.

Those occurrences aggravate me to no end! That being said, thankfully the vast majority of people that populate this forum aren't like that.

So I'm new to fishy forums and have loved browsing through the threads and am loving it here, but I've noticed that when someone ask stocking advice and doesn't like the answers given, all he'll breaks loose! Lol. I would say that when asking an opinion of others, don't be offended when they actually give it! If you aren't prepared to arrange your stocking ideas for the betterment of your tank, then don't ask! Just my thoughts on the matter.

Something tells me you saw a very recent event take place concerning female bettas XD

Something tells me you saw a very recent event take place concerning female bettas XD

Yes I did! Lol. However I've been browsing even before I joined the forum and noticed this happening time after time. I agree with all the posts here. I am just rejoining the hobby after a long time fish less so I need advice from people who are up to date on the hobby. I have been told straight up misinformation from LFS like "you can cycle a tank with fish in 3 days". I am fortunate to know this is crap advice, but others may not. Also if I ask if I can keep 5 Bettas in a 10 gallon tank with 15 other fish and someone brings me back to reality, I would be thankful for the advise.

Great to meet you all ;)

Like everything take it with a grain of salt, even here :) I have gotten some very good advice that has saved my aquarium and most of my fish and I have read some whacky advice, if you ask opinions from others you are bound to get some you don't like. But you can adjust to what suits you and your needs. Out of all the advise sites for fish I have come across since restarting my aquarium last aug this site has been the most helpful.

So that being said thank you to everyone that has helped me directly and indirectly because I have read your questions and the answers have been posted and I don't need to re-ask.

Happy fish keeping everyone

Back
Top Bottom