An introduction of sorts- input welcomed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,
We moved recently and while the tanks came along, the fish couldn't. I've been keeping fish for ~15 years now, and growing up my family was very involved in the local club. I've usually had at least 1 community tank, 1 African, and 1 discus tank running for the last 5 years. Just this year I started getting my feet wet (and hands!) with salt water.

Now I've got the task of re-establishing every one of my tanks having moved. I always love getting input from other keepers as to what to go in there.

The 120 is in the living room- its the first thing that will get noticed walking by our house, or coming through the front door. I want it to be gorgeous. Im thinking discus (again- this is what it used to be back home) but Ill get decent lighting and grow some gorgeous plants.

The 80g will be in the basement. Our basement is a walk out and has lots of light, but I also have the PC lighting for that one. Im new at salt water but would love for this to become a s/w setup...I dont have the funds to get it running, but I can likely get some rock and and let it cycle until I can afford the equipment (I dont have a skimmer, adequate filter or lighting, and have no clue how to get a sump/refugium going).

the 40 I think will be a community tank, however its an eclipse hood and I want better lighting on it for plants. Anyone know how to retrofit an eclipse??

the 30g (tall) will once again be salt water. My live rock is all dried up, but Ill buy a new few pieces and some live sand to get it going again. It was only up for about 5 months before I had to take it down, so Im still new at this salt water business.

the 10g might become a s/w nano...I know the smaller they are the harder they get, but Im doing some research before I make any decisions.

the 6g will be hospital/quarantine (and maybe tadpoles in the spring!)

and then there is the 2g and the 1g, which as of yesterday are betta tanks.

I desperatly want to put a pond in, but I think that will have to wait til spring...its a bit late to start all that and Ill be sure to ask for a pond for christmas!

So thats my little intro and invitation to share ideas on what to do with the tanks. :D

Welcome to AA. For your 120 definately a planted discus tank. I have a planted discus tank and I love it. Or African Cichlids. I can't help with saltwater advise, but an 80 gal SW setup would be sweet. Glad to have you here, you are in fine company.

Thanks rkilling! I'd want more lighting power than that though on a 40g :(

Back
Top Bottom