And I thought fishless cycling was going to be boring.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A friend of mine swears by Stability, though I am not sure it does enough to warrant the price. But generally I like Seachem's products. I have trouble with heat too. Building I live in is old, I'm on the southwest corner. Summer heat gain, winter, heat is so high to keep the north side warm, I have fans running most of the year, even though I live in cold wintery Canada. Actually, winters have not been so cold here of late, just outside Toronto. Climate change.

I actually meant that my tank has been a disaster with one thing after another since I set it up in march, but I see how you misunderstood. I tried the stability at the recommendation of one of the guys at my LFS who genuinely seems to love fish and aquarium keeping. I only bought a little bottle so I figured if it didn't help I wasn't out a ton of money.

Good luck with your tank, ktpoopenstein! I hope everything sorts itself out.

I've never heard of "proto-slow" lol. Then again, I've never taken microbiology classes.

That's cool on the bacterial cultures. I remember doing that in high school. We took samples from the floor, toilet seat, etc... I remember one of the dishes with the most bacteria was a sample taken from someone's elbow! Go figure. Lol.

Good luck with your tank, ktpoopenstein! I hope everything sorts itself out.

I've never heard of "proto-slow" lol. Then again, I've never taken microbiology classes.

That's cool on the bacterial cultures. I remember doing that in high school. We took samples from the floor, toilet seat, etc... I remember one of the dishes with the most bacteria was a sample taken from someone's elbow! Go figure. Lol.

Thanks! It looks like I'm finally nearing the end of a second, very very extended cycle. Now to just get rid of these stupid snails!

I love the "ubiquity of bacteria" experiments. It's a little terrifying to see just what's growing all over us and everything we touch!

Back
Top Bottom