Angel Advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree that angels in even numbers are best. In a 55 gallon, you could keep 4. In a 40 gallon, you could keep 2. I keep mine in a community that includes bamboo shrimp and there is no issue since the shrimp are so big. If you want any other tankmates (tetra school, corys, algae eaters), add them first and the angels last. avoid fish under 2 inches because the angels can swallow them. If you have 4, put tall plnats/decor in the middle to help the angels set up natural territories on either side of the tank. Tell your dad to watch for aggression and nipped fins. Sometimes, you can do everything right, but just have a jerky angel.

Where is some info on angels eating smaller fish? Im curious. Four angels would look nice along with a schooling fish or two and some loaches. Maybe a school of yoyos or kuhli.

Where is some info on angels eating smaller fish? Im curious. Four angels would look nice along with a schooling fish or two and some loaches. Maybe a school of yoyos or kuhli.
Anywhere you read a profile about angels, you will see them say that angels eat small tankmates like guppies and neons. I keep schoolers over 2 inches to avoid them being an angel snack. I keep kuhlis with my angels without an issue. Those are actually my 2 favorite fw species that I have kept.(y)

Yea j just haven't see the article. I use fishlore. I also have four angels and nine glofish (less than two inch)with no problems. That's why i was curious

Yea j just haven't see the article. I use fishlore. I also have four angels and nine glofish (less than two inch)with no problems. That's why i was curious
I will look one up for you. :) 2 inches is just a basic guideline that I use. Glofish should get to be that size. Really, the tankmates need to be bigger than an adult angel's mouth, but that can be hard to judge when you are still dealing with juvenile angels, so I personally suggest fish over 2 inches.
Some people do have luck keeping small species with angels if they start doing it when they angels are small, but many people do this and still end up tiny dead fish, so it generaly not recommended.:)

Back
Top Bottom