Angel fish being bullied help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlemeno

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Finished cycling a 29 gallon I got and moved over the angel fish and 2 black skirt tetras. Next morning I wake up the angels fins are nipped, so I take out the tetra and move over the zebra danios I have 3 days later. Woke up today and the danios oft him with nothing but a stub ... all the fishes were doing fine and got along with one another and shrimp,in my 20gal set up ... my angel is about 1.5inches in body (3-4 with top and bottom fins.

I do not want to have an empty tank with just the angel or keep on buying new tanks to accomedate for the fishes nipping one another fins. The tetras, danios, and angel are all in different tanks at the moment.

My sister has luck with mollies with the angel before, but she had to get rid of him because he was nipping and eating the smaller fish.

Should I buy some mollies for the angel tank? (My sisters molly just had some babies like 3 weeks ago ). I love the way the angel looks in the tank and how he chases my finger up to get food, want him to feel save and be surrounded by other fishes as well, read if they are in a tank alone they die prematurely

The nipping could be caused by the school not being big enough. I'd up the black skirt school to 8. As for the danios they always seem to be nippy no matter how big the school.

Well I guess ill keep the danios in a seperate tank and get some more black skirts. When I first started I used 2 black skirts and shrimps to cycle since they were on sale, when I introduced the angel (in the 20 gallon) they were fine. The nipping only occurrence after I "rescued" a highfin black skirt (his fins were basically gone, looked like a normal one) l, after he was introduced to the tank the tetras began chasing everything in the tank.

Incase I forgot to mention the fishes I have are as follows, 5 otos, 3 tetras (2 normal black skirt and on highfin), 3 ghost shrimp (was 4 but the danios ate his tail), 5 danios, and 1 angel fish. Research I did only suggested 4-7 danios.

Back
Top Bottom