Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-11-2017, 09:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Angel Fish Tank Set Up

Here is a picture of my new set up for Angel Fish I want to add to the tank in the near future...... please give me feedback you may have. Does the set up look good for Angel Fish? What recommended changes do you have?
Also, I bought the two potted plants today that are on the right side of the tank and was curious (because I can't remember what they told me) what type of plants are those?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Angel FIsh Set up.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	304951

Old 11-11-2017, 10:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyost12 View Post
Here is a picture of my new set up for Angel Fish I want to add to the tank in the near future...... please give me feedback you may have. Does the set up look good for Angel Fish? What recommended changes do you have?
Also, I bought the two potted plants today that are on the right side of the tank and was curious (because I can't remember what they told me) what type of plants are those?

Attachment 304951
Looks good. Hard to tell on the plants but they look like Swords

Old 11-12-2017, 10:59 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Setup is good just make sure to add all angels at once to avoid territorial issues. Also if possible add some more live plants and driftwood.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:17 AM   #4
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Looks fine to me. I agree with Kashif314 to add your angels all at once, so none of them has a set territory. And those are sword plants.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:52 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

What size tank is it? And how many are you thinking of getting? From experience, you can't always find the angels you want at the same time. I'd start with young ones and if you find more down the road just make sure they are the same size and if they ever get territorial just move things around in the tank. I would also add more higher cover. And more places for them to hide out. Looks good though. And just add alittle more advice on angels. They love pebble food soaked in garlic juice, it's also suppose to build their immune system. Mine love it! I give mine flakes about 2-3 times a week and other days I give them the pebbles, also cuts down on all that waste. Good luck!😊
Old 11-14-2017, 01:17 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Also as a solution for territorial issues if some angels added later is to give the existing Angels in tank a time out for a day or two and add them with the new ones. It can also solve not all but a lot of headache. If they chase new ones they won't bully to the point to kill them and after a day or two time out they will never go after new angels immediately and they will spend at least 24 hours in harmony which is a good time for new Angels to set in.

Also people are against bloodworms but angels have a huge liking for it so you should offer them as a treat once or twice a week. Remember Angel need more part of there diet is meaty foods.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:46 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

No idea what size tank this is. I have a trio of breeding gold vail angels. They are fully grown and are at least 12"+ tall. Depending on the tank size you may consider not doing vail angels. The two plants look like amazon swords to me. Mine eat anything I put in the tank.
CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:59 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

thank you everyone and this is a 55G plant, I think, from the advice I am getting, I am going to buy some tall fake plants and put them on the left side of the tank to the right of the decoration that way the tank is broken into 3 sections

Tags
angel, angel fish, fish, fish tank, set up, tan, tank, tank set up

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com