Angel Id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

musicmarn1

Aquarium Advice Regular
i THINK i got a smokey blue female, she has really short ventral fins, though which give her a really unique look. I am not seeing *a head bump* which the lfs told me is the way to sex them....i BELIEVE its the pilla right, which you only know when they pair up or spawn?

I did get her a friend to see if thats what she wants, i ADORE and worship this fish she is the prettiest and friendliest fish i personally had and she interacts with me, im trying to train her to do some fun stuff.

The only fish she doesnt like or is bossy to in the whole tank is the Boesemani Rainbow fish who she just shoos away, im hoping when i get the large tank set up, that will solve that and i can have a whole array of Rainbows with the two Angels if anyone has any thoughts there. 75g is my goal.

Anyway i was looking for a male of the same color but am not sure what im really looking for ! there seem to be pearl scale, philipino (which she might be?) marble blue, platinum blue etc and she seems to fit the smokey blue best, if anyone can tell from pictures id love it :)

Attachments

• DSC_0078.jpg
    DSC_0078.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC_0070.jpg
    DSC_0070.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0045.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 72
Hmm...I am not sure! As you said in the profile comment you left me, it does sort of resemble my little girl-

29mvhgx.jpg

She is a "blue zebra lace" as the name I bought her. Not sure what that is, but apparently that's her! Lol. Yours looks to have that 'smoky' strain in it tho.

It looks smokey and has little to no striping too. I too have some black lace and they have some striping pattern. The only way to sex angelfish is during the breeding act. Hump heads and other "signs" are not at all full proof.

My Angel

i had not even heard of Zebra lace :lol: she does appear to have very little striping, she actually has spots, young fish yet so not fully developed.

She does have the eye stripe and her ventral fins also have not grown back in the 5 months she was at the LFS so he thought she was born like that, not sure, he was the one that said she was a female and the other was a male (he/she? seems totally obsessed with looking for eggs to fertilize on the heater and place)

So im thinking yes the smokey or the pinoy blue seem the closest im finding on google so far just was hoping to breed her down the line and wanted to find the right kind of fish to put her with in the new tank (y)

thanks guys - what is the best resource for Angelfish fanatics? anyone?

just for anyone else who has an unidentified blue or is an angel fan :) i FINALLY just this moment found out what my boy is, he is a Philippine Blue Ghost with *some deformities* and im going to get a couple more blue types since i love them so much that i even got them a bigger tank :)

Back
Top Bottom