Angel ram and a betta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

88mTransco

Aquarium Advice Regular
My girl friend has this 55(yes I know the lights are different waiting to fix when we can) she has 4 female bettas, a Halfmoon betta, emperor pleco, pictus cat, and 4 female 1 male balloon mollys... She wants An Angel ram. Good idea bad idea? AAAAND GO.

ForumRunner_20140112_215759.jpg

I'm more worried about the pictus, I had one, murdered everything it could.

Even full grown, which is about 4-5", a pictus cat couldn't fit anything more then 2" in its mouth. So you will be fine with your current stock. The rams are slow moving bottom dwellers, and pictus cats are extremely active bottom dwellers that can be disruptive. You could try it but it might end with a stressed out ram stuck in a corner and dying of stress. Or it might be fine. Just have a plan of action if the ram isn't comfortable.

I have 2 pictus cats in a 75... I noticed they leave everyone. Worst case scenario I have another 55 with lots of plans he can go in.

I had one that brutally attacked my BN whenever it came out for food and killed smaller fish that wouldn't fit in its mouth. It didn't try to eat them, just killed them.

I had one that brutally attacked my BN whenever it came out for food and killed smaller fish that wouldn't fit in its mouth. It didn't try to eat them, just killed them.

We had one like that once. He was a gold ram that was super aggressive, killed his mate and everything we put in the tank with him. It happens occasionally, but super aggressive rams are an anomaly and most people will never encounter one.

I'd encourage the OP to choose a regular ram, as the "angel" rams (also known as balloon rams) are intentionally bred to be deformed. Aside from my personal opinion on the ethics of creating (then charging more for) deformed fish, they tend to be less healthy than regular rams... Which are often hard to find healthy in a pet store anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom