Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Angelfish

Well, on my quest for new fish I bought an angelfish along with others, but i now have decided I want to get another to make a pair. The problem is that I have no idea what sex mine is because he is small and I am a little ignorant in that area. So! I have came to all of you, I have some pretty crappy pictures with my phone but i think they may do...

Like i said, it may be too small and too young for sexing but i would still like opinion. The "tube" looks non-existant to me at the moment but I dont know. But anyway, I want to go get another angelfish this thursday to pair these up so they can grow up together, and I would like a breeding pair but if I dont, oh well.
It is about quarter size.

Here are the pictures...

THANKS

Old 03-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweediebrd View Post
Well, on my quest for new fish I bought an angelfish along with others, but i now have decided I want to get another to make a pair. The problem is that I have no idea what sex mine is because he is small and I am a little ignorant in that area. So! I have came to all of you, I have some pretty crappy pictures with my phone but i think they may do...

Like i said, it may be too small and too young for sexing but i would still like opinion. The "tube" looks non-existant to me at the moment but I dont know. But anyway, I want to go get another angelfish this thursday to pair these up so they can grow up together, and I would like a breeding pair but if I dont, oh well.
It is about quarter size.

Here are the pictures...

THANKS
Its impossible to tell until they spawn. What size tank are they in?
Old 03-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

That little guy is in a 29 gallon right now with a few other fish, but that is until it grows larger so it doesn't get picked on in my 55. Once larger, it will go in my 55 with the other angel i am getting.

Tags
angel, angelfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com