Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sc166

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would an angelfish be okay with 6 neon tetra, 6 gold neon tetra, and 4 African dwarf frogs? Or should I consider another "centrepiece" fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Haha, keep looking;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A betta would be nice!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Would an angelfish be okay with 6 neon tetra, 6 gold neon tetra, and 4 African dwarf frogs? Or should I consider another "centrepiece" fish.

A single Angelfish is not usually a good idea because they are a schooling fish with a hierarchy society. So if you were to do that, you would be better off getting a few than just one. This brings up point #2
#2 is that Angelfish and small Tetras can and do coexist SOMETIMES when the Angels are small and the Tetras are large when they are introduced. When the Angels grow up with the Tetras, they tend to not think of them as food. HOWEVER, there are no guarantees.
So bottom line, I'd think of something else. ;)

Something else to keep in mind, when you are dealing with schooling fish such as neons, a "centerpiece" fish does not necessarily need to be in there as a school of fish can be the "centerpiece" or main attraction. Use a decoration or larger plant to be the "centerpiece" instead. (y)

Maybe look into a dwarf gourami? Flame, blue, or honey gourami.

Bolivian Ram maybe ?

Angelfish are wildly varied in temperament. Some are super laid back, some want to breed and attack tank mates.

Get peaceful slow fish so your Frogs don't starve.

Back
Top Bottom