Angelfish and serpae tetras together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catfish Lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm gonna have 20-25 serpae tetras and was thinking about adding a pair of angels. Is this too risky because of the fin nipping of the serpaes? I know the bigger the group that nipping is "usually" kept to themselves, anyways just wondering if anyone has a good opinion on this or have experienced these fish together. It's a 55 gallon tank by the way that's heavily planted.

I'm gonna have 20-25 serpae tetras and was thinking about adding a pair of angels. Is this too risky because of the fin nipping of the serpaes? I know the bigger the group that nipping is "usually" kept to themselves, anyways just wondering if anyone has a good opinion on this or have experienced these fish together. It's a 55 gallon tank by the way that's heavily planted.

If the pair of angels are older, you shouldnt have to worry about THEM getting nippied. That's a lot of tetras, are the on sale in your lfs

The angels would only be nickel size so I guess this is a no go. The serpaes were $3 and I got 15 yesterday and plan on getting 10 more. Just decided on a serpae tank for some reason, really like the look of them, but I know tank mates are hard to come by with them, I've heard mixed reviews on compatibility with other fish. I do plan on adding a BN pleco and 8-10 peppered cories.

The angels would only be nickel size so I guess this is a no go. The serpaes were $3 and I got 15 yesterday and plan on getting 10 more. Just decided on a serpae tank for some reason, really like the look of them, but I know tank mates are hard to come by with them, I've heard mixed reviews on compatibility with other fish. I do plan on adding a BN pleco and 8-10 peppered cories.

Maybe you could look around for a larger pair at a different store? I used to have serpae tetras when I was 5. And they cause no problems with most of my fish. You could run a small school of hatches, maybe giant danios, any other schooling fast moving fish would be fine.

Maybe you could look around for a larger pair at a different store? I used to have serpae tetras when I was 5. And they cause no problems with most of my fish. You could run a small school of hatches, maybe giant danios, any other schooling fast moving fish would be fine.

Yeah, I'll look around, might try a pair of Bolivian rams. Trying to find a centerpiece fish. As far as the giant danios, had really bad experience with them. They are a nervous wreck that just dart from side to side. Had 8 of them once and all they did was developed a pecking order and bullied each other one by one until they died.

Yeah, I'll look around, might try a pair of Bolivian rams. Trying to find a centerpiece fish. As far as the giant danios, had really bad experience with them. They are a nervous wreck that just dart from side to side. Had 8 of them once and all they did was developed a pecking order and bullied each other one by one until they died.

Bolivian rams could work.

Back
Top Bottom