Angelfish and tetra's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heathercook

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I have a 60 gallon tank with 2 angelfish. I would like to add something to it. I saw them together before. Like the glow ones

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I recently added a rainbow shark to my tank along with some serape tetras. So far the tetras and rainbow shark get along with the rest of my fish. Serape Tetras need to be in a group of six or more because they will nip your other fishes' fins. I know that at PetSmart they are 1.00 a piece with a PetPerks card. The Rainbow Shark was I think about five dollars also at PetSmart. Rainbow Sharks grow up to 4-5 inches and dwell at the bottom of the tank. Sorry my pictures are blurry. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405102970.783686.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405103050.212442.jpg

I recently had to remove serpaes from my 4 foot. Had 10 with plenty of silk plants and some fresh. They were extremely nippy - extremely. I had angels and dwarf gouramis as well as neons, zebra danios corys and bristlenose at the time. Far from fully stocked at that time. I highly recommend against these with any longish fin as much as I love them.
What about lemons or penguins or even harlequin rasboras? Harlequins work well with even adult angels. Seen it several times (and I love them)

Bleeding heart tetras or gold tetras would be best.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

+1 on the rummy nose tetras I know of many people who have kept them with angels without any problems. I personally like the look of them. I would of gotten them if I hadn't already had 3 black neons that I took of someone's hands. I added to my school of black neons. I currently have 9 black neons with my two angels and I've had no problems.

I'm pretty sure as long as your tetra is bigger than a cardinal tetra you should be okay. Unless you have an Altum or a overly aggressive angel.
Also the bigger the height and width the better.

Back
Top Bottom