Angelfish bullying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elliott_001

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I recently had one of my three angelfish die, since then it seems the balance had been upset, one of the remaining two is bullying the other one. They were all ok before, the usual chasing every now and then, which was to be expected.

Had the fish for over a year, they are a reasonable size now. Body around 3"

I believed the recent death was a female, leaving 1 female and 1 male. I think the female is bullying the male! She is larger than him.

The bullying is fairly constant, though the other fish is not reduced to hiding or showing signs of extreme stress, it does have a few white coloured wounds on its body.

Tank is only a 30gal, which I know isn't very big. The upgrade tank is a 120gal, which I have, just haven't gotten round to setting up.

Any suggestions?

Not sure how big the tank is but you may want to add another one or two Angels to balance it out...sometimes that doesn't work because they are so territorial! my Angels are all full grown and very aggressive...I just had one my newest kill my very first original angel I had for 3 yrs..my original picked on the new ones I got pretty bad....until I (not purposely) got a male who could handle it! He came in and took over...unfortunately he ended up beating my original into the ground literally to the death! It was really disapointing and sad..I just replaced him today with an all Black one! Which I've always wanted! RIP June you will be sorely missed!

Sorry just saw you have a 30g lol...in your post

I would not introduce new angels like previous post suggested, you already have established, territorial angels going at it. My opinion, they need to be separated. Your new tank will be ideal for both of them, plenty of room.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the responses. I'm keeping a close eye, I also have an acrylic divider I made just incase I need to intervene.

There are plants in the tank which provide some cover, so the smaller angel does get a break.
Hopefully this will pass, but I'm not keeping my hopes up!
Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom