angelfish care sheet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honestly no different than you care for other fish. Unless wild caught they acclimate to just about any ph. Temp anywhere from 78-80 (at least that's what I've kept mine at for over 30 years), food... they eat everything! What size tank do you have? You have to stock them at an appropriate amount for the size of a tank and not to be kept in tanks under 30g but larger is much better. I currently house 12 in a 220g 100% planted tank. They prefer planted tanks but don't have to have them. That is about it!

See ^^^ that is all I was asking! An answer from someone who holds them currently. EXPERIENCE. Thank you. But anyways, I'm holding three young ones in a 30g planted tank. What do they eat?

Literally anything! I feed mine flakes, frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms, New Life Spectrum, cooked deshelled and slightly smushed pea's, and the list goes on. Angels are pig's and will keep eating as long as you feed them so you have to be sure not to over feed. If they are small with a body size of a nickel or smaller feeding two smaller meals a day will help them grow better. Once they get a body size of a quarter they only get one meal a day but will beg for food whenever they see someone.

What these guys said....listen to them. I got a lot of angel advice from Rivercats. Mine are thriving and now breeding! The little ones I had are now a bit bigger than quarter size and they ALL are pigs. I rotate my foods everyday to give a little variety but I am sure they could care less as long as u toss something to them. My larger ones will hand feed whatever I give to them. My water is soft and acidic cause I use RO water. I am fully planted with lots of driftwood so the tannis that leaches from it helps to buffer the water even more. You can get some great advice on this forum.

Google search has nothing on the experience of other angel keepers that know their stuff.

But it gives you the basic information about them gathered from experienced people. And I'm sure other angel keepers post what works well for them on google

I agree with Samzter. I as well was just stating an opinion that personal experience is better than searching. I have used google many times. It is useful, but I just feel experienced keepers can teach and tell better. Just an opinion. We are all allowed to have 'em and no hard feelings on my end. This forum is great for all opinions and we all do whatever works. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom