Angelfish? Gourmai?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
oik i have a 55 livebearer with guppys platys and mollies would getting two small (2-3 in) angefish be ok? the guy im going to get them from says they arent aggressive at all. i would be ok with moving my guppys into my 16, how would the gourmai do? it is about 3 in (idk if male or females)

The angel fish will eat what fits in their mouth. Definitely the frys at first, and the big fishes as well as they grow bigger.
In my experience they are not aggressive however, they may chase some fish very briefly at times, but thats it. As long as the tank mates are bigger than their mouths they should be ok.

the smallest of my guppies is about an inch and a quarter, how long could they co-exist? i can deal with fin nippers, i already have a few ^^

Angels are very gentle, fin nippers will feast on their long pretty fins.
Also 3 inch angel are pretty big for guppies, sooner or later some will be eaten.
I would suggest to keep them separately. Maybe leave a few of the bigger ones as a trial.

i mean i had a fin nipper sorry , he died....

I am going to move my guppies to a new tank anyway, so would that be ok?

Get some young angelfish and gourami if you can.
i have both in my 47 and there is no problem at all, i know people will cry about angelfish eating guppy, but if you get them young they will not get full size in 1 day. ive angelfish and guppy in same tank.

they are about 3 inches each, dont know how old they are in a 30 gal so thier growth was probibly stunted, two angels one gourmai is what im getting, my guppys will be moved anyway even before i get the new fish

they are about 3 inches each, dont know how old they are in a 30 gal so thier growth was probibly stunted, two angels one gourmai is what im getting, my guppys will be moved anyway even before i get the new fish
cool then, thats what i got here, 2 angelfish and 1 gourami

would they work in a tank with platys and mollys? what about cory cats? ( i have ghost shrimp but i dont mind losing them they are only 50 cents ) i feed them live bring shrimp every week or every other week, i also feed them flakes, algea wafers, and feozen brine shrims bloodworms an dblackworms ( not all on the same day, thats just what i have to feed them ) would that feeding work for the angels and the gourmai?

Back
Top Bottom