Angelfish Not Eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ymookie22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a tiny angel fish (dime size) that I just got yesterday. He or she is so tiny and slow I'm afraid the other fish are getting all the food. Tankmates include 6 Zebra Danios, 3 Albino Cory's, and 2 Mickey Mouse Platys. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

You have fish that are a lot faster than your angel. Angels are big eaters if they're healthy, maybe it needs some time to adjust?

Very young small angels of that size actually do much better when fed 3 to 5 tiny meals daily. Growth rate will be much better. It would do much better in it's own tank until it's larger if possible or perhaps adding a divider to the tank. It's going to have a hard time competing for food with the danio's and platies.

Thank you both, I will get a divider as I do not have another tank available at this time.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can also target feed. I use frozen/ thawed bloodworms or brine shrimp and put a little in a bowl of tank water. Suck it up and feed directly to the baby Angel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corsair, that would be so cool to feed my baby that way. Would I use a straw or medicine dropper or something?

Ok, thanks. I will try that with tomorrow's feeding.

Back
Top Bottom