Angelfish opinion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have this angelfish and it the ugliest looking fish. When I bought it from my LPS it was a nice orange color. What do you think. Do you agree that it is unattractive to a certain point? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398396162.524623.jpg

Your angelfish is awesome looking. Stick him in a more natural looking tank and he'd look stunning I bet.

I second that, that angel would look amazing in a Amazonian blackwater setup.

When I bought my tank the back was painted blue. I am still added plants and trying to make my tank not natural. The picture actually gives him credit. I have three angel fish and the one is defiantly the ugliest.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398438215.985747.jpg these are my two others.

if you don't have an interest in the fish no more, find a new home for him/her and get something you like. no harm in that.

You got it all wrong. I love fish. My favorite hobby. I currently have cichlids, hatchetfish, 3 angelfish. Two of the angel fish are beautiful. The third just suddenly became an ugly color. When I bought like I said a while he was a nice orange and now he's an ugly black/grey.

Well it's all about personal preference. He looks strong and healthy to me, I would sell him to a LFS and get a different one that you like better. I am not a big fan of that coloration, so yeah he's a bit ugly to me too.

I actually really like that color, as it is closer to that of most wild angels, instead of looking like a koi-angel hybrid (I don't like the marbleds for some reason). I agree with FWFishTanks in that it would look great in a natural tank. If you don't like it though, I think the best option would be to try trading it in at a LFS

He looks fine to me he looks like one of the wild altums just wait till grown he look stunning give him/her a chance and fishinfreak how can u not like marbles here's my stunner:)

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1398466154333.jpg
    1398466154333.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 68
Well it's all about personal preference. He looks strong and healthy to me, I would sell him to a LFS and get a different one that you like better. I am not a big fan of that coloration, so yeah he's a bit ugly to me too.

Thanks. Have you ever had any experience returning or trading fish at your LPS. I just want to know what to expect.

He looks fine to me he looks like one of the wild altums just wait till grown he look stunning give him/her a chance and fishinfreak how can u not like marbles here's my stunner:)

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yours is ok with me actually, but when they are white/orange/yellow almost entirely, they just get too unnatural for my likings, thus I don't have a taste for them

that one looks alot like one of mine (Pumba), and she's far from ugly.

It's just my opinion and I opened this thread for other peoples options. Thanks for the feedback. I just prefer my streaked double dark and my domestic silver better. If you don't mind could you upload a picture of yours?

It's just my opinion and I opened this thread for other peoples options. Thanks for the feedback. I just prefer my streaked double dark and my domestic silver better. If you don't mind could you upload a picture of yours?

Sorry I meant "opinions" not "options".

I usually call my LFS ask if they are interested (describe fish) and if so what average trade/$ is. Than I usually bring it in (if they say they are) and they see the fish and make me an offer. based on what they see. I only sell back to one place though, so it might be different other places

Back
Top Bottom