Angelfish tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wayne1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys, I have a 200 litre tank with 8 corys and 5 angels. I really like my angels but didn't realise when I got them that they can be quite aggressive and I'm gonna need to be careful what I put in the tank with them. I like fish with a bit of personality. I'm hoping that you guys are gonna have some ideas on my best options. I'm fairly new to fish keeping so wanted to draw on you guys experience. Want my tank to be peaceful and relaxing, don't think I could take looking at a tank where I know someone's being bullied or the fish aren't happy. Thanks in advance

So similar to my tank. I think 2 pearl gouramis and 1/2 orange barbs. That's what I have with my 4 angels. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395084689.167670.jpg
You can see one of my 4 angels
2 pearl gouramis and an orange barb. They are peaceful fish and both are energetic especially the barb.

Cool, thanks. Do the barbs not nip at the angels fins? I was thinking about having barbs but thought they would stress the angels

My orange barb is fine. Make sure if you do get a barb it's small so it knows the angelfish are the boss.

Is something wrong with larger tetras like serpae or diamond? Also, I would think pearls and angelfish would fight.

I have pearl gouramis with my angelfish and they are compatible. Cherry barbs or black ruby barbs would be a good peaceful barb species.

Back
Top Bottom