Angelfish Tank Mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Varmint

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm looking for suitable tank mates for my Angelfish. However, there are a few factors that make it difficult for me.

The tank is 52 gallons, freshwater, and around 70 degrees.

Yes, I'm aware Angelfish require warmer water, but I'm not equipped with a heater.

Despite the cooler waters, he's done fine. He swims around, sometimes chills behind some artificial plants, and eats regularly.

But when I originally bought the tank, I dreamed of schooling fish, like guppys, white cloud mountain minnows, or tetra. But my Angelfish could possibly eat smaller tetra, or they may nip his fins, and harass him.

I need peaceful, cold water fish that can live with him. I prefer schooling fish of sorts, but I'm trying to be open minded. I've considered Swordtails, and white clouds. However I don't want to deal with the excess fry that may come from the latter.

Any suggestions are welcome.

I found whatever you pick that it’s a matter of either getting good size ones and hoping or get something that prefers the bottom area of tank. Anything that likes the top of tank gets picked off.

Back
Top Bottom