Angelfish Tankmate help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've kept singles many times. In fact I have a Bolivian male in another tank and recently added a female and they don't like each other! When they meet they act like two males and then each retreat to their half of the tank. The females belly is turning pinker and pinker and they still snub each other. So the point of the story is even when a potential mate is added doesn't mean they will accept each other. I think my male actually prefered being the only ram in the tank because then he had a larger territory and didn't have to share any of it.

So would my pair of unsexed Angels and a single German/Bolivian ram work in a 29? Or would it be wise to wait and see if my angels spawn or not? With way in waiting for cycle. And also have you ever kept scarlet badis with them? They intrigued me last time I visited.

Keeping a ram won't have anything to do with the angels whether they spawn or not. Scarlet Badis need to be kept in a species tank, they wouldn't never make it in a big tank. They look great in a small 10g tank with Red Cherry Shrimp.

Keeping a ram won't have anything to do with the angels whether they spawn or not. Scarlet Badis need to be kept in a species tank, they wouldn't never make it in a big tank. They look great in a small 10g tank with Red Cherry Shrimp.

Thanks for all the help everyone! It's awesome how much of a community this forum is haha. I think I will let my tank cycle through properly then get a ram of some sort. They look awesome at the lfs!

Back
Top Bottom