Angelicus Loach feeding ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cinciboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought one almost a week ago and it is on my 10 Gal tank. I tried with brine shrimp, pellets, flakes... this guy doenst seem to be interested in anything. :eek: ... does anybody have experience with this loach and feeding habits.

Yes, they will rarely come and "feed" witht he others in the tank. They instead poke around at what floats to the bottom.

The only exception is frozen bloodworms, they will try and get these but it seem thier eyesight is poor and they try and find them by smell. Which means the other fish have often eaten all the worms by the time they even bother looking for them.

Mine actually eat a lot of ghost shrimp. You might try buying a dozen of the smaller ones and putting them in there. You will probably lose one every couple days. These loaches also seem to like dried shrimp pellets (catfish pellets).

Poor eye sight-- that explain the mystery... this guy swims over the food but still didnt touch it.. I will try your idea.. ghost shrimp.. let see what happens

i have angelicus loaches and find that they eat just about anything--being bottom feeders it's usually pellets that the other fish don't catch. i would consider getting your guy some tankmates. i believe that, like clown loaches, they like to have friends...

just my 2 cents...

Ah good point Crazycat, my 2 Angelicus and my 1 YoYo are always together as a threesome. They are also most active at "lights on" in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom