Angels and Devils

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blert

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anybody successfully kept an Angelfish and a Betta together?

I currently have 2 juvenile angels and a female betta in a 29g, and they get along famously:).

Cool, thanks.
I must clarify though... Has anybody successfully kept an Angelfish and a MALE Betta together?

And on a similar note... Has anybody successfully kept a GBR and a male Betta together?

Yes, I know that all Bettas have different personalities and some will be more aggressive then others and don't like to be kept with anything else but, I have read that the male Betta may fin nip an Angel and that Bettas and GBRs should not be kept together but no reason is ever given.

Idk if it was angels or not that did this but I always saw them picking on the betta I had with them. Now this was when I was a major noob to the aquarium but I found the betta alive but completely without a tail. The poor guy was struggling to swim to the top. You can imagine wat had to be done after that. :'( I've never kept a betta with any other fish since. I'm all for keeping them alone. Why risk it.

Back
Top Bottom