Angels in a 28g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua315

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was talking to an old friend of mine recently who's also into fishkeeping. I was telling him about my tank and current stock and my plans to add 2 GBR's. My tank has 8 neons, 4 albino cherry barbs, 2 gold barbs, and 3 nerite snails. He suggested I add an angel because according to him GBR's can be very aggressive. I tried to take it with a grain of salt but I know he knows his stuff. I'd love to have angels but I'm worried that 28g is way too small for even a small one. Any ideas?

I've never had an aggression issue with my rams. 28g is fine for an angel, just don't get a superveil.

He will have more than that 1 angle fish in there though. I have a small angle now, he's been growing pretty fast though. You will be amazed at how big he gets eventually.

I'm an owner of a 55 and soon moving up to a 75. I can't imagine owning anything less than 55. You can put a lot of fish in a 55 without over doing it. Your very limited with your tank size.

He will have more than that 1 angle fish in there though. I have a small angle now, he's been growing pretty fast though. You will be amazed at how big he gets eventually.

I'm an owner of a 55 and soon moving up to a 75. I can't imagine owning anything less than 55. You can put a lot of fish in a 55 without over doing it. Your very limited with your tank size.

I have a few dozen angelfish, I'm well aware of how big they get. Since it's already a community setting I'd probably go with a single one just to avoid any aggression issues during breeding times.

Tank height is one of the biggest factors when it comes to stocking these fish.

Back
Top Bottom