Angels in hard water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm moving to Denver in August and after a little bit of research I think the water there will be moderately hard to hard, and the pH looks like its usually 7.5+. The thing is, I want to get an angel or two to put in a 30 gallon with my 7 mollies and 4-8 cories. I've read conflicting things about angels and pH. Can anyone who has angelfish please tell me their thoughts on whether I'd have problems with keeping an angel or two in this kind of water withe these kinds of fish. Thanks!

One of my friends in Phoenix had an angel is super hard water. She has had it for over 3 years in that water and it is huge and thriving, so I doubt it will be an issue, especially if you buy it locally.

Side note - where in Denver? I'm moving to Aurora at the beginning of August.

Most fish can thrive in pH's not of their normal environment. Stability is key in all aquaria.

Stability is key my pH is 7.5 and all of my fish seem to thrive. Prior to adding CO2 for my plants, my pH was 8.0 and they grew rapidly and are quite beautiful. :)

all in stability, my angel has grown immensly and is thriving in a PH of 8.0 however my water is not really "that hard" according to gh and Kh tests.. still higher than he would like and he is happy..
keep it stable and take your time acclimating and all will be well..

Back
Top Bottom