Anglefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lunchbox209

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would I be able to keep a trio of angelfish in my standard 29g. I looked up their requirements and on live aquaria it say 30g minimum so can I keep them happy in there.

I didn't believe the people at first. But if youve seen a full grown one in a 55 they look like they take up a 1/4 of they tank! They're huge!

My full grown angels body was baseball size. Maybe larger.Thats without fins.
And IME you can be successful with two in a 30 But the only other fish I house them with are bottom feeders. I also leave a lot of swimming room.
It can also be really hit and miss trying to get two to live together in a 30 without fighting. They are really hard to sex without their breeding tubes exposed and for me it's tricky to even pick out which ones have paired up at the store. I currently have an angel that was partially blinded by the other one I had in there.
All that said, they are very interesting fish. They always come to the top to beg for food when you come by. And if you can get a pair to spawn it adds a whole new excitement and dynamic to fishkeeping.
I'd wait for the bigger tank. Bigger tank is ALWAYS better

I have 1 angelfish in my livebearers community ATM and will go to a maximum if 3 because they can grow large as well I want to get another female Bolivian ram and a pair of GBR'S to complete my stock once I add a Fluval c4 HOB. And convert to live plants.

Back
Top Bottom