Annnie's 37 gallon (photo's)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annnie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi!!,

Since the big move i have finally started up the tank so thought i'd share the tanks little journey :)

This was the tank in the east side of Australia (sorry i couldn't find better pics.. looks terrible >.>):
img_1157587_0_d40904bc4cfbb8a8008ab734e338784d.jpg

This is the tank in the west side of Australia (excuse the horrible glare in the photos.. i'll try to remember to get some nice ones at night):
img_1157587_1_aad5e23c32a4cac620c988d2302ddbd8.jpg

tank with driftwood and white sand

img_1157587_2_d4befac4b1be67c5534f031f71b71b79.jpg

tank with black "sand"

img_1157587_3_8b00bd7a761f9b2a3407a137ed324f71.jpg

more driftwood! and some plants

img_1157587_4_a8963c5ba22a54c056a11d7f41f51649.jpg

more plants and a new light unit.. so now there are 2 units over the tank with 3 globes altogether.

img_1157587_5_1d0268799eac8aa47a4dfbafec6fc19c.jpg

plants planted

img_1157587_6_27360a5d57d1ad158b2b333850042f8e.jpg

So thats what i have so far.. i'm hoping the plants will fill out the tank nicely and the next thing i'm going to by is a better filter... and then some fishhyys.

thanks,
annie

Very nice work! :)

Have you considered a background? I love the way plants pop against a dark background. Your tank is beautiful as is though.

thanks everyone!

HN1: I might see what a background looks like.. do you think just plain black?.. i really wanted to make 1 of those 3d background or even just buy 1.. but i dont think i can be bothered now since everything is in it already.. i think you have to silicon those backgrounds in?

Dkpate: The little bubbles is doing great.. im not sure if ive told you but im not shipping the fish over.. its just such a hassle and i dont want to put the fish through the stress. But Bubbles atm is in at least a 4 foot tank hahaha.. It's such a nice tank aswell.. the lady has aquascaped it so nice. With lenny.. we actually found out he is a she!.. Poor lady lenny was just moody because she was lonely. She's in a beautiful specialty store waiting to be bought.

How was your move?? I don't know how you did it.. i would have stressed out so bad over the fish haha

Get some pieces of cheap construction paper and try various colors. The best one (or lack of one) will be the one you like the most!

I knew you didn't take the fish, but I knew you would get an update on them! :D
The move was fairly easy and stress free. I had pre-ordered battery powered air stones, and had my aunt save her one gallon plastic ice cream tubs. I used styrofoam coolers, and put the fish, and all their media in them, the bettas went in the ice cream tubs. I also built platforms for the containers to sit on so they wouldn't be leaning while in the car seats, and put the seatbelts around them LOL. :) They were in the containers for about 13 hours, and they did very well.

wooow 13 hours!! I'm glad it went well for you!. haha at the seat belt around them!.. got to keep your babies all buckled in and safe hehe.

I've got another update on the tank :)

i was about an hour away from home and checked out a fish store.. it was really nice and big but sooooo busy..

anyway i found some apisto's that i couldn't find anywhere that looked nice and healthy so i bought 2 :) hoping there a male and female but apparently too young to tell for now. And my partner made me buy 4 cories aswell.. hopefully that's not too many fish at once but i'll keep a close watch on the water param's to make sure.

pictuureeee time!

img_1158212_0_62d3f528d51821bca948a5feddb2354d.jpg

Apist caca

img_1158212_1_706b702c6e134c9bedc5dab54f387bd7.jpg

These two photo's are the same apisto because the other 1 is a little camera shy. They've only been in my tank for about an hour and a half and they have coloured up so much!!! when they were in the store they weren't colourful at all the poor things.

img_1158212_2_1ab461b640d73fec737031eb4fa34b11.jpg

1 of the cories

img_1158212_3_877db38e6ec7bbdc97d4b3d0805d4a1a.jpg

and another tank shot with a new plant.. i have a problem with buying plants at every store i go to >.> and i also have brown ALLLGGEEAAAAA arrrrrr -.- i thought i was going to avoid it by having so many plants.

Awesome! I love the fish you chose!!! I am thinking about getting some apistos for the 46G tank I have sitting in the garage at the moment. I already have 3 corys, and I need to get more. Let me know how they get along! :D

mellowyellow: thanks!.. I think the wood is leaching tannins because when i put them in they dropped the ph (which is what i wanted) and also when i take any water out of the tank you can see the slight tea colour. I think the lighting i have makes the water look clearer, i have 2 pink globes and 1 that i think looks white/greeny.

Dkpate: I love these little fish so much :) . You should definatly get some! I think they are a pair because there has been no fighting at all and they seem to be affectionate and touching each other. The "female" seems to have claimed the cave on the front-left so i'm trying to figure out how to stop the cories from going in all the time.. they seem to always drop by to say hellooo.

what type of cories do you have?.. i like these sterbai's.. at that store i saw some awsome cories tho!!! i really wanted them but they were $140AUS for 4.

Hahaha! Corys are SOOOO funny!!! "Jusssst stoppin by to say HEY!" ROFL!
I have emerald corys, which get about 4 inches. I rescued one of them online, and she is 8 years old, the other two are still babies. :) My two new ones were about $5 USD apiece.

These cories are a bad influence haha. They swim around like crazy and up the sides of the tank and now Mr Apisto is joining with the schooling especially copying their 'swim super fast up to the surface' routine.. makes me nervous that i don't have a lid!!.. i think i better go get 1 made.

woow 4 inches is huge!.. i think the ones at the fish store were about that big aswell but had really high dorsal fins and a pretty gold band on their heads. Also $5 is a pretty good price for emerald cories!.. mine were about $40 AUS for 4.

I never thought I would love the corys SO much!!! They make me laugh all the time. And I agree, you should get a lid ASAP, mine LOVE to shoot as fast as possible to the surface of the water.

WOW! I really love your tank! It's looks amazing! Seriously, it's awesome! Like the best aquascaping I've seen. Wow, really nice job! I seem to be pretty bad at making my tanks looks nice. Again, it's super nice! :)

I absolutely love my Cories! :) I have 4 Julii Cories.
They do have a funny personality, I find them really entertaining. :) Plus, they're cute too!

hehe same! I just thought they were cute little round catfish.. but their personality is very cute and funny. I did buy a lid with my tank but they never called me when it was made and so i forgot about it until we were pretty much moving over.

thanks mandy2936.. i've found that having black substrate and having sooooo many plants makes a tank look really nice. The driftwood also makes it really nice... I just try and make it look 100% natural.

ok as per usual here's more photoosss.. can't ever have too many photos in a thread ;)

img_1158590_0_9a996a9e5b080f78f5001dd860dd26f6.jpg

2 cories doing their thing

img_1158590_1_907babf3847cd94cdc17c6403d5ea0bd.jpg

Mr Apisto

img_1158590_2_bc85aeab26ae08753e05162a86dd6831.jpg

My sick dog taking over my "fish viewing spot"

Back
Top Bottom