another odd question, what temperature do you keep your house?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobc4d

Aquarium Advice Freak
I live in southeast Texas and it gets HOT and humid during the summer (90f+ and 65%+ humidity). Last year, before getting an aquarium, I programed the temperature daytime to be 80F and set to come at 75F about 30 minutes before I get home 1700hrs.

would the same setting now that I have an aquarium, ie:80F, be too much for the tank temp? the higher room temp could make the tank temperature a bit more than that. or should I turn down the temp of the tank, set now at about 78-80F, to maybe mid to upper 70's?

The heater in the tank will heat the tank up to what it is set at then stop. If the room the tanks in gets hotter than that the tank temp will continue to rise until its about the same temp as the room. The larger the tank, the longer this takes. I would keep the tank at 80F. The heater will keep it at a stable 80F even when the room is at 75F. If the heater is set lower, then the temp of the tank could fluctuate as the aircon is turned up and down.

Back
Top Bottom