Another one bites the dust...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sudz

Aquarium Advice Addict
You guys may remember way back when my "wasting" clown loaches. Well, 2 days ago, i noticed one of my flying foxes were MUCH smaller than the rest of my fish. This morning, he was dead, stuck on the inlet for my filter.

This will be the 5th fish in the last 3 months i've lost to this "wasting" disease. Its alarmingly apparent that this is with all my bottom feeders.

2 cories, 1 C.loach, 1 Flying fox. the exception is one neon tetra, who was 2 years old. The loach was in my tank for 6 months, the cories for 4, this flying fox for 2. PH is 6.8, Temp is at 83. I inject DIY CO2. I think some water may have contaminated the tank from my DIY setup. Could it even possibly be effected by the yeast from that?

I'm guessing my cleanup crew is cleaning up something bad! At first i thoguht it was fishy T.B. but now i really donno.

Any idea's?

Sorry to hear about your losses. It sounds like it could be internal parasites. I am not a C02 expert but would imagine the yeast wouldn't cause a problem due to so many members having success with it. Hopefully someone with more experience with C02 will come along with insight.

Seachem has a great line of powdered meds. I don't have my tackle box of meds in front of me, but there are a few and some can be used together; some in food, some in the water. I got them in Calgary and hope they would be available in your neck of the woods.

Back
Top Bottom