Another substrate question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigQFan

Aquarium Advice Activist
My wife threw away my old Eco complete I was going to use as a cap for a dirt tank. Will sand be an acceptable cap? Will it inhibit plant growth?

I think sand will be fine, I use just plain old black sand in my planted tank, and the plants grow fine. So I think with the dirt underneath you will be good.

Thanks. This is sand I am already using in this tank but I dirted another tank and really liked the results.
I also forgot to mention that there is $20 for anybody brave enough to call my Missus and yell at her for throwing my stuff away...

Thanks. This is sand I am already using in this tank but I dirted another tank and really liked the results.
I also forgot to mention that there is $20 for anybody brave enough to call my Missus and yell at her for throwing my stuff away...

HaHa that sounds tempting, but I might have to pay more than that in medical bills, after she gives me a beating for yelling at her:)

Oh it's not the physical beating that would hurt so bad, it's the mental scars she leaves ;)

LOL I might be a 240# man, but the only time I wear the pants in my house is when my 110# wife Donna lets me. "I ain't stupid!". OS.

My wife threw away my old Eco complete I was going to use as a cap for a dirt tank. Will sand be an acceptable cap? Will it inhibit plant growth?

I have pool filter sand only thing that sucks is I only have 1 grown java fern which had to have the main part above the substrate like right where the roots attach anyways when I clean and filly my tank I have basically replant them because the sand moves easily

Back
Top Bottom