Another suggestions post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
My 46 bow front is 78% stocked according to aqadvisor I do prefer an understocked tank but I've just re-scaped and got the bug to freshen up the stock.

Currently I have

8 neons
8 harlequins
1 medium sized angel
3 swordtail 1m 2f

Pretty boring huh?

Any suggestions on what I can add would be welcomed.

I don't want to deal with the misery of dying rams and I've not had much success with gouramis either but open to those. I think another shoal would make the tank look crowded so would like to avoid those.

Maybe a couple of more interesting fish that would do more exploring and possibly pair up? Perhaps another angel?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes thank you for the suggestion. I would prefer predominantly bottom dweller but not bottom feeders. I find them difficult to feed in a community with fast top dwellers and scavenging fish like neons and swords.

Maybe some loaches, dojo or Kuhli they are really interesting to watch.
Maybe add another angel to the one you already have.

Bolivian rams aren't as sensitive to nitrates as GBRs. Since you don't have any other textbook bottom-dwellers, a pair might work in your tank.

I would think about cories. Lots of fun.

Bolivian rams aren't as sensitive to nitrates as GBRs. Since you don't have any other textbook bottom-dwellers, a pair might work in your tank.

My angel is quite boisterous. Do you think they will get on? Sounds tempting.

Maybe some loaches, dojo or Kuhli they are really interesting to watch.
Maybe add another angel to the one you already have.

Are these bottom feeders? Lots if people mention kuhlis. Could be interesting.

My angel is quite boisterous. Do you think they will get on? Sounds tempting.

I've never kept Angels, but my understanding is that they get along with the more peaceful rams OK. Assuming that they pair up, the rams will get territorial. Since they're more concerned about bottom real estate, I wouldn't think that this would be a problem. But you could eliminate that problem by going with one ram.

If you're interested in going this route, you may want to solicit advice from others who've kept both species.

Back
Top Bottom