Any advice on getting more of my pandas out of hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxane1232

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone else have issues with some of your panda corydoras hiding than others? I currently have 4 all together, but started out with 6 and lost 2 due to one getting caught by a decoration and another one was trying to do a trick and ended up hurting himself. When I had 6 they all seemed to be out more, but even then I had one that would always hide

Hello! I also own panda cories, so perhaps I can be of some help. My best guess would be that they'd like a bigger school (mine definitely are more active now that there are six of them instead of four).
But something else might the problem, as well.
What are their tankmates? What tank size are they in? What are the parameters?

I agree with larger schools in general but especially with cories. Also my pandas come out more with a good heavy current in the tank. When I had them in the other tank I didn't see them as much. Now they bat clean up for my SAP in a 90 gallon with a river-tank manifold and I see them all the time

My other fish are 8 lambchop rasboras, 2 otocinclus, 2 honey gouramis, and 3 ghost shrimp. I used to have 6 pandas but lost 2 3 weeks ago and they were much more active, but since I lost the 2 I only see the 3 regularly. The tank is 23 gallons with a tetra whisper 10-30 i .

I am also planning on moving them to my 37 gallon has soon as I get it up and cycled

Definitely up the school, would go above 6 if you can. The larger the group the more active they will be.

I want to eventually max them out to 10 in the new tank, but will definitely get them back up to 6 in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom