Any good online stores in Canada?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aphexic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
As the title asks, does anybody know any good online stores in Canada or Toronto to be specific? I would order the plants/fishes I need from US (liveaquaria.com) but the shipping costs are too high, and my local stores (pet smart, big al's, and pj's pet) don't sell the things I need such as cherry shrimps or hemianthus callitrichoides. Any suggestions?

There are some decent Canadian sellers on aquabid. There are also international sellers, but for stuff like red cherry shrimp, I think they tend to only sell in bulk internationally, and you'd have to pay for a Transhipper.

Sorry, other than that, I have no clue

I'm from Montreal and have had similar issues try kijiji I found great stuff and live stock on it. If your looking for red cherry shrimp I know of a few places around the Toronto area

There are some decent Canadian sellers on aquabid. There are also international sellers, but for stuff like red cherry shrimp, I think they tend to only sell in bulk internationally, and you'd have to pay for a Transhipper.

Sorry, other than that, I have no clue

Thanks, but most of them will not ship to Canada and I couldn't find a single Canadian seller. T_T International sellers are selling in bulk like you said, and I don't need that many.

I'm from Montreal and have had similar issues try kijiji I found great stuff and live stock on it. If your looking for red cherry shrimp I know of a few places around the Toronto area
Yeah, I know about kijiji but I couldn't find a good seller atm. Most of them are selling in bulk..

So it costs 85$ even if you're in Canada?

Per box. That's why you get a group order & share shipping. That's the only way to make it worth it I think.

If you're in Toronto? I would just assume you would be able to find those at any of the LFS. I figured you would have way more selection over there. I'm in BC & cherries are everywhere

Ya and if you ask sometimes the LFS will special order for you as well.

I'm always skeptical ordering online, especially from the US with having to cross the border and all.

Nope, I've checked in 3 stores and haven't been able to find it. And no I'm not in Toronto but I'm in Brampton which is right next to it. :p

And wow, that seems like a lot. I'd rather not order it from there lol The US site I mentioned earlier charges way less than that.

Nope, I've checked in 3 stores and haven't been able to find it. And no I'm not in Toronto but I'm in Brampton which is right next to it. :p

And wow, that seems like a lot. I'd rather not order it from there lol The US site I mentioned earlier charges way less than that.

Where in Toronto are you? I know of a good lfs but it may not be near you. It has rcs and crs. Lots of fish too.

Where in Toronto are you? I know of a good lfs but it may not be near you. It has rcs and crs. Lots of fish too.
Just tell me any store you know of because I don't live in Toronto but it's very close to my city (brampton). :)

Just tell me any store you know of because I don't live in Toronto but it's very close to my city (brampton). :)

It's in markem. It's called "lucky aquarium". It's actually inside a mall called pacific mall. I have their business card lying around somewhere and I'll give you address tomorrow.

Is it..
Lucky Aquarium
4350 Steeles E, Markham, ON L3R 9V4 ‎
Market Village
(905) 477-8778 ‎
?

It's only 32 mins away from where I live. :D

Hi I live in Toronto and I shop at menagerie pet store they have been around for ages. You can always email in an order and they can set some aside for you. Staff are really helpful and knowledgable . You should give them a shot ! I've been shopping there for over 8 yrs

Is it..
Lucky Aquarium
4350 Steeles E, Markham, ON L3R 9V4 ‎
Market Village
(905) 477-8778 ‎
?

It's only 32 mins away from where I live. :D

It sounds correct. :D. It's on the second floor and you might need to look a bit for it. I'll check the card to make sure. Whenever I visit my aunt every summer, I have to go there at least once. Everything is pretty cheap ( compared to the US ).

It sounds correct. :D. It's on the second floor and you might need to look a bit for it. I'll check the card to make sure. Whenever I visit my aunt every summer, I have to go there at least once. Everything is pretty cheap ( compared to the US ).

Awesome. The shop is still open, right? I'll maybe go there this weekend. :)

Hi I live in Toronto and I shop at menagerie pet store they have been around for ages. You can always email in an order and they can set some aside for you. Staff are really helpful and knowledgable . You should give them a shot ! I've been shopping there for over 8 yrs

Yes it looks good. I'll first email then and ask if they have what I need since their website doesn't say.

If you are in Toronto, try a local club such as the Willowdale.As well look on PN. The GTAA forum is another possibility in the buy and sell. it would seem that you aren't looking in the right places if you can't find those things. Check out this one, which is in Brampton, Index Page

Yes I'm quite new to this. This is my first aquarium ever so I'm just trying to find good shops and all. Thank you for the suggestions.

Awesome. The shop is still open, right? I'll maybe go there this weekend. :)

Yes it looks good. I'll first email then and ask if they have what I need since their website doesn't say.

Yes I'm quite new to this. This is my first aquarium ever so I'm just trying to find good shops and all. Thank you for the suggestions.

Yes. I just went to the shop like a month ago. It's been up for a while already. If you do go, please tell me how it goes. :D. Would love to hear how it's doing after a month.

Back
Top Bottom