Any green or purple tropical community fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PleaseHelp

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi there. I'm trying to incorporate lots of colors in my tank. it is a 50 gal with 3 serpae tetra, 5 neon tetras, 3 zebra danio, 1 pearl danio, 2 sunburst platy. I want to get green colors and purple colors. Are there purple fish or green fish compatible with my tank?

Are you looking for common fish that you can find just about anywhere, or do you want a fish that you might have to order online?

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

You can get some cichlids that are those colors, but they are big murder machines.

It's possible to find a betta that it either of those colors, but they are difficult to find and will be pricy.

Some gardneri killis can be green or purple, but they are too aggressive for your setup. They are also hard to find and you will have to pick them individually because the green / purple is rare.

The glofish are often either green or purple, but these are disliked by many people.

Neon Green Rasboras (Microdevario Kubotai) have a gorgeous color and they really shine, especially in groups. They're tiny - under an inch when full size - so you could have a large school in your tank.

you can find some platys with pretty wild colors.

Poissons_021.jpg

You can get some cichlids that are those colors, but they are big murder machines.

That's not even remotely true...

Apistogramma borellii

Heros severus.

There are more but both of these examples would work with the O.P current stock list.

That's not even remotely true...

Apistogramma borellii

Heros severus.

There are more but both of these examples would work with the O.P current stock list.
I was thinking more about africans, i dont know my apistogrammas and i would hardly consider a fish like the Heros Severus that grows to 8 inches long "safe" for neon tetras

As far as what's commonly sold, guppies. If you do take the ordering fish route HUKIT made great choices. Apistos are very colorful and most don't get more than a couple inches.

Caleb

Look up glofish tetras and glofish danios . Their colors are about as bright as you will find and the danios would school with your zebra danios that you already have. Same species just the glofish were gentetically engineered and now breed true as it is in their genetic makeup. Alison:)

Back
Top Bottom