Any ideas?? 240 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AssistedDecoy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Soooo I currently have about 25 peacock cichlids that I have had for just short of a year and im contemplating changing to different fish. The reason behind this is I wanted big fish and my wife wanted something that looked "cute" so i found a compromise but they just aren't getting big enough for me, the largest is probably 4 inches. From the research i have done the max they will get is about 7.5 and I dont think its going to cut it for me.

So i am looking for ideas on what to switch them out with that will get big but still be "cute" and i really dont care if they are or aren't. My current thought is an Oscar or 2 maybe an arowana or 2, not really sure yet.

Do LFS do "trades" is it worth it?

With that size tank you have many options. Do you/boss want a couple big boys or a nice mix?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would think you could sell your LFS your fish. As for what kind of new fish to get, my LFS has a tank with arowana and freshwater stingrays that's pretty cool.

Right now this is just a theory, so im open to ideas for both. I want just a few monsters but a mix would probably make her happy.

The bigger sized Bichir, frontosa, oscars (of course lol), knife fish, plenty of different places you could go.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Red head tapa's, brochis, Congo tetras

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could get a few axolotls they can get up near a foot long

Ok so i think im going to do an arowana, 2 Oscar's for sure, whats the rule of thumb for monsters? Whats my limit on #?

I believe arowanas get pretty large, at least in the wild - up to 48" or so. Probably not so large in an aquarium, but an arowana and a couple oscars may be your limit when they're grown. Some of the larger growing cichlids; jaguar, or even peacock bass would also be cool. Your wife would probably find them "cute" due to their outgoing, people-friendly personalities.

Back
Top Bottom