Any problem with changing gravel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys. I have a question again lol. Doing a 100% water change and taking out all the gravel wouldn't send the tank into another cycle should it? Because most the BB live in the filter and media. Just wanted. A straight forward answer from a experienced keeper. Thanks!

In theory you should be OK. I would keep a very good eye on your ammonia and nitrite levels after the gravel is removed if you have the same fish as before the job. Daily partial WCs may be needed in the first few days if ammonia rises. Prime would also help. I don't foresee a problem but better to be a little more vigilant with your testing.
I am assuming that you're going to syphon the gravel out with the water. This will remove the maximum amount of mulm and debris without it polluting the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Alright thanks. I will keep an extra good watch on them. Yea I will take all the water and gravel out. Because I'm planning to paint the tank also while doing this!

Back
Top Bottom