Any water ager that does not smell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok someone correct me but just because something doesn't have an odor doesn't mean it's not giving off fumes right? I'm assuming odorless doesn't mean safer and less fumes, it's just less stinky?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Erk, chemistry! I'm just trying to think of something that might do that aquarium-wise. The biggest risk I think here would be if the CO2 bottle decided to release overnight. Even then we thought it was more if the kids playing knocked it over and the regulator busted off. I think the gas to the house is normally odourless but they have to put something in it so a gas leak can be smelt (I think).

I was once told odorless paint still gave off all the toxic fumes of regular paint.

As a journeyman plumber and gasfitter yes fumes dont have to smell... also propane and natural gas are odorrless we add the chemical mercapton to them to get the characteristic gas smell.... propane has more mercapton because its more dangerous so it smells a little different than natural gas

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As a journeyman plumber and gasfitter yes fumes dont have to smell... also propane and natural gas are odorrless we add the chemical mercapton to them to get the characteristic gas smell.... propane has more mercapton because its more dangerous so it smells a little different than natural gas

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok so I was right. So then it really doesn't matter about the smell of Prime for the OP, she needs to figure out what the fumes are. In my opinion there isn't anything to worry about.

I'm a he :)

Thank you for your help though. To everyone.

Seachems email pretty much reassured me everything's ok, but im just a paranoid person by nature.

*looks over shoulder*

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm a he :)

Thank you for your help though. To everyone.

Seachems email pretty much reassured me everything's ok, but im just a paranoid person by nature.

*looks over shoulder*

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I should have guessed that!! Most people on here seem to be men. I'm so sorry.

Back
Top Bottom