Anybody use Emerald Entree?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahelmes71

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I rotate Sally's San Francisco Bay brand frozen brine cubes with flake food for my Rainbows and Congo tetras.

They also sell this product called "Emerald Entree" which they represent as being ideal for tetras and rainbowfish because of the high vegetable content. But man, you put that stuff in there, it really makes a big mess. I guess there is mysis shrimp mixed with algae and lettuce, but it really gets everywhere and kind of clouds it up. The regular brine shrimp cubes are a much cleaner finish- the fish seem to get all of that consumed in about a minute.

I do! Everyone loves it--corys, betta, snails, and shrimp. I give about a quarter cube and it keeps the mess mostly down. Shrimp and snails take care of the rest of the little bits, and the rest, well, the plants take care of *lol*

This is one of the ghost shrimp with half of a quarter cube in his little claws--he grabbed it and ran off. He managed to eat about two thirds of it--the rest floated *lol*

img_1754533_0_4a7f043137892ed4ecf329d3a92500ab.jpg

Back
Top Bottom