Anybodys power go out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm over in grand rapids and we lost our power for about 2 days... i have a gas-powered generator that i ran my filters and fridge off. had to go pick that up on day two, though. in the meantime, i took a day off work and did LOTS of pwc's. everyone survived, so it must have worked!

I am in IL across the river from STL. I did not lose power but some residents in STL are still without and the storms were 9 days ago. I do know that many fish stores were without power for several days. And when they got it back they were under a boil order and could not use the tap water unless it had been boiled first.

it good to here your fish lived... my power flickered but everyone okay!
:wink: i hope other peoples fish r okay...

Due to a crappy wiring system in my apt. I have all of my filters ect. on my 55 gallon tank on a switch. A light switch. Everybody knows not to turn it off...but one night some bright person I don't know flipped it off and left it off. I'm guessing it was off for about 12-15 hours. No light, no filters, not bubles, no nothing. Evertthing was fine. I'm willing to bet you could leave it all off for days and nothing bad would happen if you have a well cycled tank.

Back
Top Bottom