Anyone else ever had panda garras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mPhish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi! I've had a pair of small panda garras in my 10 gal for a while now. I find them very entertaining to watch- they zip around the tank, chase each other, and very enthusiastically nibble algae off of nearly everything. I have found them to be very hardy- even when my other fish in the tank are sick, they have never shown any symptoms of any illness. When I first brought them home, they both, on separate occasions, somehow got up into the filter box, and it took me a while to figure out where they had gone! I had help IDing them from people on here, as I found them at my LFS and forgot what they were when I got home ?. I've never seen any threads about them on here- are they hard to find? Does anyone else have them?
Just curious. ??

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I do! Cool fish. I've only seen them once and bought them on impulse of course. Glad to hear yours get along. Garra are meant normally to be in groups where they establish a pecking order. It's actually quite frightening to watch them slam into each other to establish dominance.

For a while my larger one chased and scared the other one a ton, and it did freak me out. They get along pretty well, though.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom