anyone else feel the pain?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
anyone of you feel the pain of looking at your tank/ tanks and seeing that shiny new atv, or car ya always wanted lol I just spent 47 bucks on air pump because my cheap 10 dollar walmrt one went out last night while I was gone, but it a least puts out 7 PSI...yay

never. every dollar i have spent on my fish i wouldnt spend any other way.

I have to agree with Chotie. I am a full time college student at Umass living on my own so you see how tight it may get. I have spent close to $800 on my new tank,fish,supplies,equip, however I love it. I really do! I can sympathize what you are saying though. Just never felt that way.

Its not that I don't care to drop the cash, after all its just money, its no big deal, it just gets out of control sometimes, of course it doesn't help buying equipment that is expensive to maintain and what not, its just real easy to loose a pay check in an hour on fish stuff lol

I just spent 47 bucks on air pump because my cheap 10 dollar walmrt one went out last night
That's why many people pay for quality equipment first--now you're out $57 instead of just $47.

I never regret anything I spend on fish or any of my pets for that matter. Going the cheap route rarely works IMO. I also have excersised control when it comes to spending. I don't waste money on things just for the sake of having them. I've literally spent thousands on my tanks and every dime was worth it.

I think every dime I've spent on my tanks is worth it. I have bills to pay, so whatever is leftover goes to my tanks...which isn't much sometimes. I usually figure out how much I can spend every paycheck.

I am also a college student with a low-paying part time job. And I have to pay a car payment and credit card bills....so everything else has to come before my tanks. But, I wouldn't have it any other way...as long as my fish are happy. :D

I'm just to the point, wether I would rather use a 1.78 bottle of dechlor than a 9 bottle of prime, does this mean I'm getting old at 21?

The only time I regret money spent on anything fish related is when I buy a bunch of fish and they all die within 48 hours. THAT'S a bummer, and depressing too.

well im a sahm(stay at home mom) with two todlers 2 and 3 and im only 22. I do not regret buying fish stuff and what not, its worth it.
but when it comes to bigger or better i plan it out. so i can afford it and not screw myself money is well worth as long as the fish are healthy and happy and all good.
i wanted a big tank. so i convinced my dad to buy himself a new one and sell me his for the price paid less 100 dollars since i took nothing but the tank stand and filter.
he also gave me a brand new heater that came with his new one. *his piranahs need a special heater he already purchased a month before*
i think it was well spent. but in the two months we first about 1000 dollars or more and i dont regret it all . and my kids love there pets and fish

I think of it this way. I pay a little more so I don't have to spend more later. I'd rather pay the little extra for a little better quality, than trying to pinch pennies and get a cheapie that may only last a very short time.

Life is all about priorities. The first big thing I bought after graduating was a $2000 tank. Only after a couple months was I able to afford a $4000 car. I am willing to bet at least several people here have actually spent more on an aquarium than a car.

I don't even want to tally up how much I've spent on my aquariums. My financial planner (me) would kill me! :mrgreen:

I can say with certainty that whatever it is, it's nothing compared to what I've spent on photographic equipment over the years!

I had a pump go on me when the diaphram broke. Some store actually sell replacement parts for them, but then again, you only had a $10 pump.

I don't even have a car, and I have 4 tanks. Each tank could have been a few more DVDs towards my nice collection which I have been working on. The thing about a DVD is that it's never as interesting to watch once you've watched it. Fish tanks are not the same.

If I were worried about how much it cost, I wouldn't have bought a fish tank. Nobody experienced ever said this hobby was cheap. Besides, I like my Intrepid.

I'd hate to thank What i have in fish,pumps,filters,filter replacments,water bills,heaters,air tubes,dividers,brine shrimp,food,test kits, the list goes on. I have 24tanks from 120g to 2.5g I've payed $100 for a betta so the cost is endless. But I will tell you this over the last 20yrs I've been in this hobbie cumpaired to the last 3yr. I've spend more then I've ever done.
I opened a hatchery for a few differnt spices of APisto,kribs,GBR. With what I've droped in this over those 3yrs, I could have bought 2 new cars. But why would I want to do that. LOL There's nothing wrong with my 65 gto, it runs and gets me where I need to go so. More money for my tanks. LMAO. To each there own and to thy own self be ture, I alo build alot of stuff like sponge filters,breding tanks, DIY's stuff is way way under rated. IMO Why buy it when you can build it better and cheaper.

I'd hate to think of the tank I would have bought if I didn't spend all the meoney I have on tattoos ( well over 10 grand easy ) it would have been a monster lol

I do agree, I can blow a paycheck quick...But I still love it. I belive the term my girlfriend uses for me is, "fish dork." I still love it!

Back
Top Bottom