Anyone ever raised Dario Dario (badis badis)? Scarlet mainly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burks

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm trying to find someone who sells Scarlet Badis' but am having trouble.

Anyone ever raise these? Heard some folks have trouble with them not eating enough, others zero problems. They would be a great addition to my 10g.

A few things really (finally a response!).

#1. Do they get along with other species like Neons/White Clouds/etc?

#2. Did you happen to breed them at all?

#3. Long shot here but where did you get yours? I can't find any breeders or stores that carry them.

#4. How big did yours get? I see sizes ranging from 0.75"-1.25" for the Scarlet ones.

#5. How did you go about feeding them? Like I mentioned, I read some people had problems with feeding.

Thanks for your time. Also if anyone knows where to get some of these beauties, please PM me.

Burks said:
A few things really (finally a response!).

#1. Do they get along with other species like Neons/White Clouds/etc?

Probably, but I never tried.

#2. Did you happen to breed them at all?

Yes, but the fry are a devil to raise.

#3. Long shot here but where did you get yours? I can't find any breeders or stores that carry them.

LFS, they are available quite commonly, although few stores bother to carry them.

#4. How big did yours get? I see sizes ranging from 0.75"-1.25" for the Scarlet ones.

Mine all managed just about 1" each.

[qiote]#5. How did you go about feeding them? Like I mentioned, I read some people had problems with feeding.[/quote]

Frozen daphnia, microworms, vinegar eels, crushed flake.

Back
Top Bottom