Anyone ever see this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swampman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi. I found this on the water side of the glass cover. I do have snails in the tank. When I took it off it was dry and broke like a cracker. There is only bristal nose places and guppy fry in the tank. Any ideas?

Attachments

• what ever copy.jpg
    what ever copy.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 116
Mystery snail eggs is what it looks like to me. Do you have those or have you had them in the past?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'll second the snail eggs

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks

Hi. I thought of snail eggs myself. I do have them in the tank. I ever thought snail eggs would be crumble when touched. Live and learn.

When my mystery snails laid eggs they always dried out quickly which is why they crumble. If you want to keep them spray them with water everyday and you'll have snails in no time.

At least I think...I never tried lol.

Hi Beej1254 The funny thing about this is the eggs were laid on the water side of the cover. So that means the snail had to walk[?] up, hug upside down,lay eggs and walk[?] back into the water. That is one smart snail. i have baby snails already in the tank. I don't want to be over run by them. thanks for the info and reply.

Haha yeah snails are pretty adventurous creatures. I used to find my freshwater snails across the room all the time. I'd come home from work or go downstairs in the morning to slime across the carpet and I'd find my mystery snails

Yes it is snail eggs I have actually watched them Lay the eggs before and the do walk up the side! They Lay Them One By One! It's really weird but cool! Mine dried out to! Definitely want to keep them moist to stay alive! They will die if they are to dried out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi and thanks to all. I found my dogs sniffing around this mound. I said to them " What did you do?" So I got the toilet paper and picked it up. This doesn't look like "it" from them. I took a second look and found out it was a snail. So I put him back in the tank. Two days later I found him on the floor again. So that is when I bought a cover for the tank. Than I found the dried up eggs on the cover. I didn't think the environment in the tank was so bad that he wanted to escape. There is only pleco and guppy fry in it.

They leave to lay eggs in a dry space. Eggs don't survive submerged. If you leave a couple inches between the top of the tank and the water line and make sure it stays humid you'll get babies

Mystery snail laying her eggs in a Fluval Edge.

Attachments

• 1452551466296.jpg
    1452551466296.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 58
Back
Top Bottom