Anyone feed snails to their loaches?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sam180

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 6 Botia Kubotai loaches in my tank and have read about how much they love snails. I am wondering if there are pet stores that sell cheap snails as fish food out there.

Post a "wanted" in the classified folder, you shouldn't have any problem finding someone wanting to get rid of excess ramshorn or pond snails. I occasionally clean out several hundred at a time from my BN breeding/growout tanks, but they just go into the oblongum tank and are eaten quite quickly. More empty shells than gravel visible in that tank, lol.

Post a "wanted" in the classified folder, you shouldn't have any problem finding someone wanting to get rid of excess ramshorn or pond snails. I occasionally clean out several hundred at a time from my BN breeding/growout tanks, but they just go into the oblongum tank and are eaten quite quickly. More empty shells than gravel visible in that tank, lol.

Yeah I might try that. Not sure if anyone on this forum is in my area, though. Just thought it would be nice to be able to treat my loaches to their favorite meal every now and then lol.

If you go to aquabid under snails or live food you can get large quantities cheap. People breed them for just that purpose. I have three 5gal buckets with a pair of Endlers and pond snails in each one. I keep them at room temp and over feed the fish so the snails thrive. I feed them to my crayfish and they love them.

Wow, I had never heard of aquabid until now. Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom