Anyone have a BiOrb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindsayBlum

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,
I recently saw a BiOrb at PetsMart. Anyone have any experience with these? They look really cool, but I'm not too sure about the filtration system. I'm worried that this product is more for show than the health of the fish. I've searched for negative feedback on it online, but seem to only hear good stuff. I'm looking at the 8 gallon tank for some guppies and shrimp.

TIA,

LB

It would likely work out just fine, thougn I would only go with one gender of guppy and only 2 of them because if you get opposite genders in a tank they WILL breed and soon your tank will be overstocked, unless you have a backup tank or are willing to cull off the broods.

What type of shrimp are you thinking?

It is nice to see you are choosing soemthing that you have researched, it makes me sad when I go in there and people are buying a small tank and oscars or goldfish at the same time.:(

Thanks for the reply! I was thinking ghost shrimp, or maybe cherry shrimp, for added color.
About people buying small tanks with oscars/goldfish/cichlids/plecos/etc...it drives me crazy. And usually (but not all the time) major pet store retail employees are concerned with a sale, or are uneducated, so they won't say anything to their customers. It's so sad!

Ah you don't know how bad it is here. My worst experience was an employee telling a family to get some oscars, for their 10 gallon tank. He said that they are give live birth, won't eat their babies and only grow to the size of the tank. :uzi: :mad:
^ME ^HIM

Wow, and to think I have been rejected by every single pet store I ever applied to. It's like they want people that don't know what they are talking about.

Wow, and to think I have been rejected by every single pet store I ever applied to. It's like they want people that don't know what they are talking about.

Of course they do, if they hire people that know what cycling is and proper tank size, they wouldn't sell as many fish or supplies. It is like Petsmart telling someone they need all these different strip tests that would total over $50 when they could get the far better API master for $30.

When someone buys a fish and tank that are incompatable, they usually lose the fish so they go get another one, and then that one dies and then they get another one and then... and it goes on endlessly untill the person either learns or loses interest in the hobby.

I'm most fortunate to have 2 really good LFS that would rather insult you for not knowing than let you get incompatible fish. Another one that used to be like that but they have practically went under.:(

Back
Top Bottom