Anyone have experience with spotted raphael catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfriend09

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am planning to adopt a spotted raphael from my uncle which was formally my grans as he does not have the size of tank to keep it, i was just wondering if anybody has much experience with them?

no small fish. but with your cichlids and gourami he'll be just fine

I just got one today. I previously had a striped one that got rather large. He was in a tank with pristella tetras, otos, tiny bristlenose and hatchets. He only came out of hiding at night and I don't recall missing any fish. They are known to eat whatever fits in their mouths but aren't that fast. I put my spotted on a tank with a bunch of green fire tetras and corys and some bristlenose. I'm sure they'll be fine.

I am planning to adopt a spotted raphael from my uncle which was formally my grans as he does not have the size of tank to keep it, i was just wondering if anybody has much experience with them?

What size tank does he have? These guys stay real small.. 4.5" tops I think?

Mine rarely come out. You can lean a piece of slate against the glass to trick them into hiding in the open.

Spotted raphaels are very similar to striped raphaels. They both get 8"+ and will eat anything that fits in their mouths. They can live a very long time. I have one that's about 8.5" and at least 15 years old.

What size tank does he have? These guys stay real small.. 4.5" tops I think?

Mine rarely come out. You can lean a piece of slate against the glass to trick them into hiding in the open.

I'm not sure what size tank my uncle has but even if he did have a large enough tank he wouldn't be able to keep it as he has small fish such as guppies and neon tetras

I'm not sure what size tank my uncle has but even if he did have a large enough tank he wouldn't be able to keep it as he has small fish such as guppies and neon tetras

Ok, good reason then.

Back
Top Bottom